Monday, July 25, 2016

Summertime








The days are quickly slipping away while I try (unsuccessfully) to stick to a routine and provide structure for Shylee.  I decided to stop trying so hard and let go of my self imposed "rules" for each day.  After all, it is summer.  And while routine and structure are good, so is being spontaneous or just being lazy for an hour.  While I may not be getting as much done as I wanted to, like blogging, I'm making memories with Shylee and that is far more important than anything else!

Continuing my thankful list
     ~ lessons learned
     ~ cool morning breezes on the porch
     ~ kind, caring, compassionate people during times of tragedy
     ~ meeting my newest great nephew for the first time
     ~ watching Shylee meet and play with cousins
     ~ gorgeous sunsets every night of the road trip
     ~ getting to see Sean and Marie in Arkansas
     ~ flowers in my mom's yard
     ~ beautiful mountain views

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have your priorities spot on...summer is a time to relax a little and learn lessons from all that comes around us in a much more informal way.
    Love your flowers and cute little gardener x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love summertime :) Shylee looks so sweet in the picture and she's growing up! That rose is gorgeous! Lovely landscape photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes the memories are so important ... it all goes so fast. Next month I take my oldest off to college. sigh. I will miss her terribly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...sometimes you just have to let go and live :)
    I've been staying caught up on my work ever day, so when Jesse says it's time to go boating, I can drop everything and enjoy a day out on the water :) Summer will be gone before we know it, so I'm soaking up every bit I can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, making memories is the most important of all!!
    That landscape with the barns reminds me of a Grandma Moses painting - love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.