Monday, September 20, 2010

Artfest '10 at Annmarie Gardens


This past Saturday was a glorious September day.  It was warm but not hot and humid, just breezy enough to be comfortable, abundant sunshine and the bluest of blue skies!  It was a perfect day to spend at a craft show at Annmarie Garden, a thirty acre sculpture park and arts center that is part of the Smithsonian Institute.  We are an hour away from DC but this fabulous art center is only 15 minutes away! 

The booths were set up around the circle and oysterman's water sculpture but also lined the path through the woods.  Walking through the woods was my favorite part.  The sculptures were nestled in the trees and some in clearings.  The benches along the path were themselves works of art.  Along one of the paths was square after square of bright, colorful artwork. 











We bought a couple of things that I will show you in another post!!!  What did you do this weekend?

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful setting for a craft show!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! It looks wonderful! It is so inspiring to see what all the other talented people are making. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really cool place and a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had gone with you. It looks like it was so much fun and so peaceful. I love the setting of the sculptures in the woods.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful setting for a craft show. It's still so hot here that it's hard to even think about being outdoors - but it's starting to cool off over night so there is hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it looks wonderful. I LOVE the sculptures!

    Excited to see what you bought, have you ever done a craft fair?

    I love going to them but I don't think I could work one.

    Have a lovely Tuesday, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I miss going to craft fairs. We used to have so many near us when I was growing up - not so many here : ( . I can't wait to see what you got !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looked like a great and fun event! Can't wait for the fairs here to start up this coming winter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.