Friday, April 27, 2012

I Got A New Toy

Yes I did!  When I graduated from my point and shoot camera to a DSLR, I also wanted to get a macro lens but just couldn't afford both.  So I saved my pennies and finally ordered one.  It came earlier this week and I was able to go outside between rain showers and play with it a little bit yesterday.

I was surprised at how heavy it is.  It's hard to take a picture without shaking and that makes the pictures blurry.  The more macro the picture, the blurrier it was.  These were taken around my yard and are the least blurry of the bunch.





It's going to take some practice and getting used to, but I'm up for the challenge!

What have you found challenging recently?

9 comments:

  1. These turned out fabulous! I bet once you get to playing around with it a lot, you'll get used to the extra weight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top photo!!

    Macro shots are so cool....but you're right, the lens is heavy and it takes some muscle building to get used to it.

    You're going to have a great time playing around with it. Can't wait to see more shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos look great! Have you tried using the timer and/or a tripod? Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want a macro lens too. I've heard it helps to use a tripod, but that's not really convenient when you're out in nature I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, love the dandylion! The macro lens I got was actually lighter than the other lens I had been using. What is my challenge today? Learning when to use which lens!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annette,

    I think these pictures are amazing! Have fun with your new toy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently purchased a point and shot camera that has some manual controls so I have been learning alot on how to use it. I also have been working on a new clutch that has been giving me some problems but I am improving everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some incredible macro shots. I've been wanting a new and better camera but my hubby keeps reminding me that the ones I want weight a lot more than my little, old point and shoot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are amazing! I know what you mean about the camera being heavy and hard to hold steady. I got a tripod and it made a big difference
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.