Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Internet

A few years ago, I really resisted the internet and hoped it would go away! I knew it wouldn't but I hoped! I thought it wasn't safe for my children, wasn't safe to use your credit card on and you just had to be so careful about any personal information you revealed. I have grown to love the internet. I still have concerns but that is what common sense is for!

I love that I am in contact with friends I thought I'd never hear from again. There's Penny from 10th and 11th grade, Irene from Hawaii in the early 80's, Lanni who moved away several years ago. I can stay close to family even though we're spread out across the country. Friends and family are just a click away and that's amazing to me.

There's nothing you can't look up on the internet. I find myself looking up everything from recipes to plant identification, to how-to instructions, to medical info and everything in between. We used to use encyclopedias and still couldn't find what we were looking for. I really am in awe of the wealth of information so easily accessible. And I know I'm hooked when customers at the store ask about items I can't answer and I tell them to look it up on the internet! There are so so many more uses for the internet. My next experience will be selling my crafts on etsy. I'm so excited about that and can't wait to see how it goes.

I got to thinking about this when our internet was down off and on for 2 weeks. I didn't realize how much I used the computer until I couldn't use it. I'm glad I overcame my worries and that it didn't go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.