Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Etsy Shop Is Open!!!




Finally!! Last Sunday I opened So Many Memories on Etsy dot com. I'm so excited, relieved and proud of myself for seeing this through! I began thinking about it last summer and became more serious about it when my boss suggested I do it. My things had been selling in the shop but I didn't know how well they would do online. But when she made the suggestion, I knew I was ready to try.
I've always loved sewing and crafting. Many times I wondered if I would be able to sell what I made. Back in the day, there was no internet...just craft shows and consignment shops if you could find one. When I began working at Sassafras Hill, I was inspired every day by the crafters who rented booths to sell their handcrafted items in. My boss began encouraging me to make something and bring it in. I did. I'll never forget how I felt when a woman bought a burp cloth I made. I could barely contain myself enough from doing a happy dance! Every sale was like that. It's very exciting and humbling at the same time when you realize how many products are out there and someone chooses yours.
This is a dream come true for me and I can't wait to see how far this dream will go!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.