Monday, February 22, 2010

Mish Mash Monday

I have the best blogosphere buddies that a blogger could have!  Your comments on my last post were encouraging and so appreciated.  I came to the realization that I'm feeling discouraged with my Etsy shop and my blog.  I spend hours promoting both on the Etsy forums and see little in return for my time.  Having said that, I realize what I need to do...spend less time online and more time sewing.  It's as simple as that.  So I hope you will see more posts of things I've actually made and listed on Etsy!
I won this cute hedgehog pincushion in a giveaway by Sew Kim a couple of weeks ago.  Right after Kim notified me that I won, we had the back to back snow storms and I waited and waited, not so patiently I might add, for the little guy to arrive.  We were without mail for 10 days and he was in the first delivery when we finally dug out the mailbox!  I just love him!!!  Kim's Etsy shop is closed until the fall but you can read her blog here.


I started this quilt 2 years ago.  I made it to give to my daughter at her baby shower and this is how she received it.  Shylee will be 2 in April and I'm determined to finish it by then!  I finally started the quilting last week at craft night with my friend.  I'll be working on it in the evenings instead of being on the computer!  Right now I'm hand quilting but may end up finishing it with the machine.  I forgot how much I enjoy quilting!
 
This is the newest listing in the shop.  My favorite part is the buttons on this one.  I love the buttery yellow color and the texture.

Many thanks to Audrey at Audrey's Country Crafts for sponsoring Mish Mash Monday!  Head on over there and see what she is up to!

I hope you have a magnificent Monday!!!


12 comments:

  1. LOVE the dress!! The hedgehog is just too cute :)
    Thanks for joining me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Annette, I soooo understand what you're talking about. It does get discouraging. I've finally reminded myself that this is all fun and why I started blogging and Etsy in the first place. I don't allow myself on the computer after 7 or 8 pm and I go into my little studio and work on whatever I feel like, and TRY not to feel like I have to reach any type of goal. And you are doing well. You have a lot of followers and very cute Etsy shop. Just sew because it makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annette, glad you had a fun lunch with your Hubby :)

    I totally get the spending too much time blogging and not enough time sewing.

    I have pretty much come to the same conclusion, I need to spend more time being creative but I do love blogging and all my blogger buddies too :)

    Dilemma!

    Love the quilt :)

    Hope you are having a wonderful Monday, regards, T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on sewing! And congrats on the pin cushion...he's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great way to get over being discouraged....work to make things better! I did the same thing when I was feeling down and have been working on a total blog makeover. I need to get to painting tonight so I can get that creative energy out as well! Great stuff you've been working on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annette - You are on the right track - I came to the same conclusion a few days ago. I also decided that I need to focus on things that are maybe just a little different, i.e., the Land of the Midnight Sun and the Hollyhock Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annette,,
    I really think you read my mind,,because it is the same way for me,,I spend hours posting on Etsy Forums and my blog and get little return,,but then I get a sale and it just makes my day..I love the quilt and I also have projects that should have been down years ago..so you are not along in that boat..we will keep each other going and motivate..hope you have a blessed week,,
    Devon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that hedgehog is too cute! Great sewing helper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.