Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Every Thursday I share something I am thankful for.  It is so easy to get caught up in the every day struggles that sometimes we forget we have things to be grateful for. 


Today I am thankful for my son, Sean, and the time spent with him this past weekend.  I don't get to see Sean as often as I see my daughter or even as often as my husband gets to see him.  They work for the same company although in different towns, but they see each other about once a week when Michael travels to where Sean works.  I mostly get to see him when the whole family gets together.  So I was thrilled when I called Sean at three in the afternoon to invite him to dinner and he said yes!  He had over a two hour drive each way so I didn't really expect him to come!  But he did, and it was so nice to have him for a few hours even if I wished he could have stayed longer!

I'm also thankful for
     the rain we needed so badly
     an ice maker in the freezer
     Michael's love of cooking on the grill
     the long daylight hours of summer

What are you thankful for today?

9 comments:

  1. My children are both still at home with me, but thank you for the reminder that when Mama calls and invites us to dinner, we need to make the hour drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww how sweet - I am so glad you got to see him! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an awesome mom, so of course he'd drive all that way to see you!

    I'm thankful for:
    • cooler temperatures this week (plus glorious rain!)
    • the "gentle leader" dog leash that prevented my pointer/pit from getting away during this morning's walk
    • my husband, who believes in me and regularly (this week, in particular) encourages me to NOT get a FT job because he has faith that my writing is going to "take off" soon if I just keep at it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your positivity Annette. We all need at least a little bit of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lucky Momma. I think you raised that boy right!
    I am absolutely thankful for the long daylight hours of summer. I just love that time in the late evening when my backyard is warm but shaded and I can just "putter" in the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your son was able to make it for dinner. I know how much you must have enjoyed having him home even if it was for only a few short hours.
    Children do grow up far too quickly and then they get so busy that spare time is hard for them to find, guess that's just part of being an adult with a job and responsibilities. I'm sure you're very proud that you've raised such a responsible and loving son and you have every right to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great blessing to be thankful for! I'm thankful for free Chick-Fil-A today - I just have to dress up like a cow.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool that Sean came to dinner :)

    It is hard when they move away to be able to get tog. I am always so grateful when we can. (of course we usually have to pay for all the plane tickets home :(

    We were missing one over the 4th (he is in England)it was hard celebrating his sibs. B.Day's without him. But he is off having fun, so that makes me happy :)

    Have a lovely weekend, T.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post!! And a fantastic thing to be thankful for. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.