Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Hello Friends!  Every Thursday I share what I'm thankful for.  Sometimes it's a serious or big thing, and sometimes it's a goofy or small thing.  I believe that no matter what is going on in our lives, there is always something to be thankful for.  Always. 


There have been a few things going on that I'm not so thankful for, but I decided it's time to stop dwelling on them and focus on what I AM thankful for.  Like my sister coming from NYC to visit.  I love spending time with her, because no matter what is going on with either of us, we laugh together.  A lot.  And I always feel better. :)


I'm also thankful for 
     *  mother/daughter bonding over Brave
     *  mother/son bonding over dinner at Chevy's
     *  ice cream sandwiches
     *  the charcoal grill and a husband who enjoys using it
     *  the Cheesecake Factory
     
What are you thankful for today?


9 comments:

  1. Someone to laugh with is a gift indeed.

    I am thankful for the good soaking rains we have been getting over the last few days. Our land needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had lots of family time lately...that's wonderful!
    I'm thankful we finally got some rain last night! It's been well over a month and we needed it SO bad!
    (Kym...glad you got some rain as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great things to be thankful for!! Wasn't Brave wonderful - I loved it!

    This week - I'm thankful for an afternoon on the lake with my husband. Time with my boys and sleeping in til 7:30!! Sure beats my normal 5:30 I tell you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister-time is definitely time to be grateful for! And I can't wait to see Brave either - with both my kids - so I'm glad to hear (via FB) that you enjoyed it! Nothing like family time either :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annette, you are so right. I am always thankful when I get to spend time with my sons.
    Have a fun time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun with your sister! And I'm glad you're enjoying special times with yoru kids -- they grow up so fast!

    I am thankful for air conditioning, and a rain shower last night after 30 days of scorching drought (same general vicinity as Edi). And family. I am always thankful for family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful list of things to be thankful for :)

    I am thankful our family was able to spend a few days on a brief vaca all tog. on the Oregon Coast :)

    Have a lovely day, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I lived closer to my sisters as I do not see them nearly often enough, but when we are together it is always great fun. We find a lot of things to laugh about - and I've heard it said that laughter is great medicine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you Annette, I love to visit with my sister when she comes from Minneapolis. She will be here in a couple of weeks, and I can't wait. I hope you had a nice visit!
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.