For the past week, I've been sick. A sinus infection, ear infection, conjunctivitis, fever, and sore throat have me down for the count. I'm taking antibiotics for the infections and eye drops for the red and gunky eye. And while I'm feeling slightly better today, I think I'll be having lingering effects for a while.
Today is the first time in four days that I've been able to smell or taste anything. There are some pros and cons to that!
* I've lost weight. Food looses it's appeal when you can't taste it.
* The grocery bill was significantly less
* Annie dog is gassy and I couldn't tell for four whole days
* There weren't a lot of dishes to do
* I couldn't smell the good things like Michael's coffee or my cinnamon tea
* Chocolate was flavorless.
* I mostly ate Lipton noodle soup and crackers because I could taste the salt
In my search for something I could taste, I discovered that even though I couldn't taste the flavor of food, I could taste if it was salty, sweet, or bitter. I didn't try anything that I knew would be sour, but I probably could have tasted that too. And even though I prefer sweets on a normal day, I chose salty time after time when I needed to eat something. A sure sign that I'm sick!
One more observation...I really need to get a life! It's pretty sad that I even thought about taking a picture of my soup so I could blog about being sick, because that is the only thing going on! I'll have to work on that when I'm feeling better.
I hope your week is off to a great start!
xo Annette xo