Monday, January 25, 2010

Mish Mash Monday



Audrey, over at Audrey's Country Crafts, started Mish Mash Monday and I thought it was such a great idea I wanted to do it too!  It's taken awhile to get it started but today is the day!  Mondays will be the day that I tell you all the 'little things' on my mind that don't really fit anywhere else or aren't enough to fill a whole post.

There are so many fantastic giveaways going on and here are two of them I've entered.  The first one is from The Empty Nest and it's for this bright and beautiful tote bag. You can enter to win here.  Be sure to check out her Etsy shop also!

The second giveaway is from Sew Kim and it's this adorable hedgehog pin cushion.

Enter the giveaway here and visit Kim's Etsy shop Sewn Kim.

One of my personal goals for the year is to read more.  I used to read everyday and read book after book after book.  I miss that simple pleasure so I've committed to reading at least one book a month.  This month I'm reading Lewis Carroll's, Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.  I've never read it and I think it's about time!

Another goal is to work on sewing or other crafting everyday.  I was excited to come across the 20 Minute Challenge from MarmaladeRose.  A group of bloggers have committed to crafting at least 20 minutes a day for a year!  Although I haven't officially signed up, I am committed to 20 minutes a day.  I look forward to seeing what I can accomplish.  If you would like to read about the challenge or join the group you can do that at MarmaladeRose.

Lastly, please go visit Audrey's Country Crafts, the blog and the Etsy shop!  You can get lost there for hours!!   And thank you Audrey for featuring my blog on your Mish Mash Monday!!

How did you spend your Monday?  Whatever you did, I hope you had a good day!!




5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that hedgehog pin cushion is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tote is beautiful and the hedgehog adorable. Thanks for sharing :)

    I also plan to read more this year :) T.

    Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my pin cushion on you blog! Little secret about the pin cushion. I used a recycled baby food jar and for the lid I rubbed off the markings with sand paper. I love the simple metal look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying to read more as well too... and got quite a bit of books over the holidays, so that has been feeding my new habit. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.