Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday


Happy Thursday, friends!  Every Thursday I share what I'm thankful for.  Sometimes it's a serious or big thing and sometimes it's a goofy or small thing.  I believe that no matter what is going on in our lives there is always something to be thankful for.  Always.   

My daughter, Erin, has been here painting the living room for me.  While "stuff" was moved to the middle of the room and piled on tables and other flat surfaces, and Shylee had her toys strewn all over, I found myself getting frustrated with the mess.  I was stepping on things and tripping on toys, and generally felt unsettled.  

So what am I thankful for?  Besides having my girls here, I'm thankful for those things I have that make a mess.  I'm thankful for the house that needs painting and makeovers.  I'm thankful I can walk even if I'm tripping on things.  

I'm also thankful for
     *  Maryland seafood
     *  friends who make me laugh
     *  unasked for hugs and kisses from Shylee
     *  my heating pad
     
What are you thankful for today?

I hope you have a magnificent Thursday!


7 comments:

  1. You are sooooooo right! Life is good with all it's bumps and bruises! I am thankful for the quality of life that I have--smiles, hugs, grands, and toys in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I missed Thankful Thursdays, I will join in again next week :)

    Love that you are so active and what fun to have the walls painted such lovely warm colours :)

    You made me giggle when you said your macro lens was heavy and you got shaky photos, 'coz my Hubby gives me such grief for not using a tripod but I absolutely refuse to use one, I like the spontaneity of just taking shots whenever I want without the hinderance of a lot of equipment, my solution, bicep curls with 10lbs weights, LOL!! Strong arms holds your camera firmer and less shaking, also, there my be a button/switch on your lens that cuts down on vibration. :)

    Love your shot of the blossoms, I too am so happy that the spring flowers are out, now if we could only get it to stop raining, that would be fantastic :)

    Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for grandkids, mess and all! I'm thankful for Spring--mild weather and pretty flowers. And I am thankful for friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Annette! You are exactly right. I whine and complain about how small my house is but when I go to bed at night I like to remind myself how lucky I am to have this sturdy little house to surround me and protect me and keep me warm while I rest. Lucky are we!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to be able to thankful for a mess :) I'm thankful I lived to see 30 this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great to get to spend time with your girls AND get the house painted :) I'd be thankful for the mess too :)

    Today I'm thankful for a vacation day away from work! Of course I'll be working at home still, but that's more fun than work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great attitude to have!! It's so easy to get frustrated at little things sometimes, but what a great way to look at it. :-)

    Me - this week, glad the work week is over, it was just one of those weeks!! I need the weekend badly to recoup.

    My son is in a production of Grease and watching him fearlessly belt it out on stage to a packed house, just put me in the best mood ever!!

    A cheeseburger last night my son and I had for dinner - sometimes you just need comfort food!!

    Hope you're having a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.