Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Dear Friends,

I promised more of the Denver story today, but I forgot about it being Thursday and you know I have to do a Thankful Thursday post!

Today I'm very thankful for cell phones.  Breaking down on the interstate was bad enough, but would have been way worse if we had to walk to find a phone to call for help.  Which is exactly what we did back in the day!  I'm also thankful we were in an area that had service.  When we were driving through parts of Kansas, Michael kept losing the signal during a business call.  

I'm also just truly thankful that everything that happened to us wasn't worse.  Before we left on the trip, I prayed for safety and protection.  That prayer was answered!

I'm also thankful for
     *  the sweet great nephews I finally got to meet and hold
     *  my own bed
     *  the rain that came while we were away
     *  Sean's courage to follow his heart

I will continue with the Denver saga tomorrow!

What are you thankful for today?


5 comments:

  1. I'm sure you have a lot to be thankful for after this scary trip! I really don't know how we lived without cell phones, I don't feel safe traveling without one!
    Today I am thankful for my wonderful boyfriend...it's his birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, cell phones certainly are an awesome thing - makes me wonder how we did it all those years without one. I feel much safer with one, especially when far away from home.

    This week:
    My son's birthday today :-D
    Cute new munchkins at work - gotta love little 3 year olds!
    And some wonderful fresh pomegranates given to me by a co-worker - delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank goodness you had a cell phone during that adventurous trek to Denver!! And you're safe at home.

    I'm thankful for my part-time job, pretty new fabric in the mail, and for my thoughtful hubby. As always, for my kids and grandkids, the joys of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you are grateful for cell phones, what did we do without them?

    But then again, I grew up in a house where we didn't have a phone until I was 12 and then it was a shared line.

    This week I am truly thankful for
    antibiotics :)

    Have a lovely Friday, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cell phones are wonderful. I can't even imagine not having one these days. I am thankful for family. My family came to visit and even my daughter was able to make it home from school.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.