Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It's Time To Start Sewing Again

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a great weekend and you're ready to transition into fall.  Michael is still playing catch up with the yard since our trip.  After being gone for three weeks and a week of rain, it looks like a jungle out there! I went to Jo~Ann's and I'm ready to get back into the sewing room after a nine month hiatus.  I guess it's kind of fitting since September is National Sewing Month.  I can't believe it's been that long!

I was looking for some fleece to make Shylee a jacket.  It won't be long before it's chilly enough to wear one at the bus stop.  {I may have forgot to mention she started pre-k last week and rides the bus like the big kids!}  There are so many choices of fleece that it was kind of overwhelming at first, but I settled on this bright design that I think she will like for a jacket.



I also picked up this annual Stamptington publication.  It's one of my favorites with ideas for all the holidays throughout the year.

I also picked up this publication.

I've read about it on other blogs and this is the first time I've seen it anywhere.  It's full of sewing projects and ideas and I just had to bring it home with me.  I was inspired by this gorgeous book cover on page 104.

I was tickled to find this bird pillow on page 70 made by my sweet blog friend, Maureen, from Maureen Cracknell Handmade.  Her blog is one of my favorite sewing blogs.  It's packed full of color, pattern, ideas and creative projects.  I'm always inspired by her work.
I'm ready to straighten up the sewing room and get started sewing again!  What are you looking forward to?

xo Annette xo

11 comments:

  1. I cant wait to see the finished project. I just joined your blog and have found it inspiring. The books on this post look interesting....may have to check them out.
    I am just learning how to sew and machine embroidery....let me tell you...it's has a BIG learning curve for me :-)
    Thanks for taking the time to make the post.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has it really been 9 months, WOW!!!

    I hope you knee is feeling better :)

    I LOVE the fabric and pattern, Shylee will be so excited, I bet, when she gets to wear her new jacket Grandma made, so awesome :)

    I am thinking you guys will not be thinking about a cross country trip for a while or maybe flying next time?? :)

    Love the photos :)

    Hope you had a lovely Labour Day too!!! :)

    Cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah!! Thank you so much for sharing this! I hadn't seen it myself yet, so I really appreciate it. THANK YOU Annette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and where did you get a copy? I looked at Joann a week or so ago and they didn't have it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. More than anything right now, I'm looking forward to the cooler weather that will require Shylee to wear that awesome jacket you have planned. I am So. Sick. Of. Summer! Bring on the fall and event the winter. The chill in the air (even the snow) is what I'm looking forward to at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure it will be great to start sewing again! What a cute jacket that is going to be for Shylee. I can't wait to see the finished product. I am looking forward to fall and cooler temps. Enjoy your sewing time.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also a Maureen Cracknell fan!

    LOVE the fleece you chose for the jacket! Your granddaughter will love it! I made myself an unlined fleece jacket a couple of years ago, and I find that is soft and comfy (like wearing a blankie) without being too heavy. I switch to something a bit more substantial when the temps get REALLY cold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely choices! Can't wait to see finished pictures of the jacket - looks like it will be soooooo cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great that you're getting back to your sewing! And Shylee is going to look so cute in her jacket!
    Looks like you've got lots of inspiration to last all fall and winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fabric is going to be an adorable jacket - lucky little Shylee!! I have not heard about that book before but it looks like fun. Glad to hear you are back in the sewing room and looking forward to seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see your Sewing Muse has returned. It is different when you're making something because you want to and not because it's a business and you "have to".

    Shylee is going to love her beautiful, bright, butterfly print fleece jacket, and all of her girlfriends are going to want one too.

    Take care and enjoy sewing again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.