Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Catching Up

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!  I enjoyed having my family together on one day of the weekend and I got to keep my sweet granddaughter for a few days too!  Nothing makes me happier than spending time with this little girl!

When Shylee went to bed each night, I worked on a custom dish towel dress order.   The customer wanted one like the red one in my shop but in a peach color.  She also wanted the same herringbone patterned dish towel.  I found the fabric in orange, sent her a picture and she loved it.  I couldn't find another dish towel but found two napkins in the right color with a weave pattern.  I'm not an orange person but this is a pretty orange and I think it turned out beautifully.
I'm so excited to be going to NYC at the end of the week for a long weekend!  My daughter and I will take the train up and spend the weekend with my sister who is working there temporarily as a consultant.  The first time I went to NYC was at Christmas time and I fell in love with the city.  I'm not a city girl and wouldn't want to live there, but visiting at this time of the year is magical!

I want to let you know that prices in my Etsy shop now includes shipping to the US and Canada.  Everywhere else will be $5.00.

It's not too late to join the color challenge from My Life Under the Bus.  You have to go see another beautiful photo from Lesley Sico that has this challenge focused on tea!

Speaking of My Life Under the Bus, Patty has opened her Etsy shop and it's full of her wonderful and beautiful jewelry creations!  I'll have more on this in a later post, but in the meantime, please visit The Junquerie  and see what she has to offer!

I hope you have a terrific Tuesday!!!

6 comments:

  1. Annette - I can't get over how fast Shylee is growing. Amazing and so sweet. I love the dishtowel dress in that color - refreshing.

    Enjoy 'the big city' and stay safe.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shylee is so adorable! Have fun in NYC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette, I think you are a superhero having that adorable grand AND sewing over the holiday! The dishtowel dress is beautiful. Funny, there was a time when I'd certainly had my fill of orange but I find it is starting to grow on me again and I even purchased an orange sweater the other day. There was a time I sure didn't think that would ever happen again - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! Can I come to the NYC with you???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos make me want to just HUG that precious little girl! She is getting so big. What a radiant gal!

    Have a marvelous time in NYC. I'm so jealous. Never been there but hope to some day. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are a busy girl and what fun busy. :)

    Shylee is so adorable and growing up so fast. What a joy she looks. :)

    Love your new creation. We are big orange fans in our house :)

    Have fun in NYC, never been to the East Coast. Maybe one day :)

    Take care, T. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.