Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Here They Are Again






I spent some time with my napkin ladies and wanted to show you how they turned out.  The blue lady is also a bell.  Her hat will even hold a candle or toothpicks.  She is much better at multi tasking than I am!  Isn't she pretty in her vintage hankie skirt?

When these ladies were popular in the 40's - 60's, they graced the table with napkins in their skirts.  And some were used as a dinner bell as well.  The white lady was not open on the bottom and it was very difficult to get the hankies in without reaching up inside.  So I bought some paper Valentine napkins for her skirt.  I think I'll change the napkins for each holiday to give my sewing room a festive touch.

Speaking of the sewing room...I will have the reveal next week!!!  I think!  I hope!

Have a great day!

xo Annette xo

40.  married for 35 years
41.  emerald surprise
42.  feeling good 




5 comments:

  1. How cool...love the blue one!
    And congrats on 35 years of marriage...definitely something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would figure it out and love the way they came out. The holiday girl is a great idea. Cannot wait to see the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh A. they are adorable :)

    I'd never heard of them before you showed them to us :)

    I am so excited to see your sewing room reveal :)

    Have a lovely day, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty with all her napkins in place. She looks as if she's about to go to a ball.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.