Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Etsy Sale And Blog Feature!! And An Announcement

My very first sale on Etsy today and it was this coffee dish towel dress! I am just so excited and so tickled! I think it took a couple of hours for it to register this morning and then I panicked because I didn't know what to do next and what if my customer doesn't like it when she gets it? Luckily, with the help of fellow Etsians, I figured out what to do and I think my customer will love it when she sees it.

The other very exciting thing today is that So Many Memories was featured on a fellow Etsian's blog. Please check out her blog and then check out her Etsy shop. As I become more comfortable with this whole blogging thing, I will feature her as well.

As for the announcement, I won't be adding any more baby or children's items to my shop due to new laws that go into effect August 14. I would be required to include a permanent label on each item with a ridiculous amount of information. I would also have to keep detailed records of where and when I bought the supplies and materiels, the mfg. and where it was made and a host of other details. Although I realize this is to keep our children safe, it creates a hardship for some of us. Unless I can figure out a cost efficient and simple way of doing it all, I won't continue with the baby and children's items.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Annette on your first sale! Exciting stuff!
    So glad I've found you blog and look forward to following!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.