Friday, September 11, 2009

I Can't Believe I'm Excited About an Iron!!


...but I truly am!! I use an iron all the time as I'm sewing and even to iron our clothes most days. I had been thinking for a while that the old iron just wasn't getting the job done on the cotton fabric I like to sew with. It wasn't getting out the creases from being folded for so long, and it really bothered me.

One day, when I was reading through my favorite blogs, I came across not one, but two different posts about this fabulous, must have iron. I knew the brand was reputable but I didn't really know anything about the irons themselves.

I decided to go to JoAnn's and check them out for myself. One of the bloggers mentioned how pricey this particular one was and boy was she right! I didn't think I was willing to pay that much but maybe if it went on sale I would consider it. It finally went on sale last week AND there was an extra 10% off coupon! Ya gotta love JoAnn's!

The iron sits on a tank of water that delivers pressurized steam. The whole thing is big and bulky and mine sits on a small table beside the ironing board, but the iron itself is lightweight and very easy to use. The water tank holds 33 ounces of water and lasts a loooong time! It doesn't shut off automatically, so I don't have to wait for it to get hot between uses during a project. I absolutely love it and have no regrets about getting it. I'm much happier with the look of my finished projects.

Speaking of finished projects, here's the newest sign I put in the shop today.


I won't do anymore sewing for a week since we're going on vacation tomorrow. I hope I can survive that long without a sewing machine! (And my new iron!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.