Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blogtoberfest Day Twenty Two: Chocolate Chip Cookies


For the last 30 years, I've been known everywhere I've lived for my chocolate chip cookies.  It started out with the original Toll House recipe and I've modified it through the years.  The secret is to use Crisco shortening instead of butter and DO NOT use a mixer!  Mix the dough with a heavy duty wooden  spoon!

Annette's Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup Crisco shortening
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tbs. vanilla
2 large eggs
1 12oz. pkg chocolate chips
1 2/3 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside.  Cream together the shortening, both sugars and vanilla.  Beat in the eggs.  Add the flour and mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips and pecans (dough will be very stiff). 
Drop by rounded tablespoon on ungreased baking sheet and bake 9 - 11 minutes or until light brown on top.  Cookie will look like it's not quite done.  Remove cookies to foil.  Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. That just made me hungry......I might just bake some !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree..Crisco is better..I think the cookies stay fresher longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! I just found your blog, very nice and those cookies made me hungry too! I need to find my pumpkin bread recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.