Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Gourmet Buffet


TRADITIONAL THANKSGIVING GOURMET BUFFET!

Carved Roasted Turkey, Glazed Ham and Tenderloin of Beef,
Crab Stuffed Flounder and Herb Crusted Alaskan Salmon.
Maryland Style Crab Cakes and Seafood Risotto
Sage Infused Cornbread Stuffing and Garlic Smashed Potatoes,
Maple Glazed Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Green Bean Casserole.
Maryland Cream of Crab Soup and Seafood Gumbo.
Smoked Salmon and Assorted Smoked Seafood Display.
Cranberry Relish and Mixed Field Greens with Condiments.
Macaroni and cheese, chicken fingers and fries for the kids.
Fresh baked breads and Gourmet Desserts
Coffee, Specialty Teas and Soft Drinks.
 
I'm not cooking the big feast tomorrow!  We are going to the Yellowfin Restaurant in Annapolis for our Thanksgiving dinner.  This menu was just too tempting to pass up!  Actually, my kids have never really cared for the traditional meal that I grew up with on Thanksgiving and the day usually ended up with the kids in a bad mood and me with a headache!  It was stressful all the way around.  When I finally let go of the traditional foods and just focused on the joy of being together and giving thanks, the holiday became much more enjoyable.  So tomorrow we will eat out and everyone can have something they like and we can all be grateful without the stress!
 
I will still make dessert to have later in the evening.  Probably Paula Deen's Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake.  This will be the first time I haven't made pumpkin pie, even though this is the one dish everyone liked!   Now that I think of it, maybe I'll make both!
 
Whatever your plans and traditions are I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds Yummy! were not having nearly that much there will only be five of us eating & one being only 11 months old there would be too many left overs for me If i cooked that much,I get to start cooking today!


    Comment & Follow my blog back?
    http://burningmoonproducts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you too :) I love that you let tradition slack in order to focus on being together... I LOVE your kind of thinking :) I hope to think like that always & pass that thinking along to my daughters too :) Enjoy your outing!
    31everything.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. heehee.. when I first started reading.. i though.. you are making all this?...phew.. you are going out! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am jealous - I cooked for 20 and am EXHAUSTED. We did have a very good time but I'm not gonna move for a week !
    Happy Thanksgiving !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lucky person! No dishes! You have started the wheels turning in my head. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.