Monday, January 2, 2012

My Intentions for The New Year

I have really enjoyed reading about everyone's resolutions for 2012.  Some have been laugh out loud funny and some very serious.  I've also enjoyed reading the words being used for "resolution".  Words like goals, promises, reminders.  My favorite is intentions from Lisa at Grandma's Briefs.  I think that word best describes how I start each new year...with the best of intentions.

This year, I intend to:
     1.  Finish Shylee's quilt.  I started it before she was born and she will be four in April.  Which leads me to #2.
     2.  Procrastinate less.  I didn't used to procrastinate as much as I do these days.  So, I intend to do at least one thing each day instead of putting it off.
     3.  Complain less and be more positive.  Not only will I be happier but so will everyone else around me.
     4.  Learn my camera and photoshop elements.  I spent the last year just playing around with my camera and not really learning anything.  I also have photoshop elements but kept putting off trying to understand it.(see #2)
     5.  Create something handmade for each room of the house.  I read this on another blog (forgive me for not remembering where) and the idea really appeals to me.

I have many more intentions concerning my business and blog, but a girl needs to keep some things to herself!

What are your intentions for this new year?

13 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love the idea of number 5 too!! Happy New Year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the use of Intentions! It sounds so much more upbeat and postitive. And I love your list! Hope you have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard when you start setting goals for the coming year, because often there are many many goals that you would like to set. I'm finding as I read other's blogs about setting goals, I'm reading things that scream at me "that's something you should put on your list of goals". I love your goals. The Camera one is great. Not something that I put down as a written goal, but I'm going to now, as it's something I've been talking about for a while and haven't done anything about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come to think of it, I don't know much about Photoshop either.

    That makes the two of us then, working on your number 4. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annette, your wonderful blog has given us all so many warm memories, such as the gorgeous apron you made for Patty of "My Life Under the Bus" ... what a lovely win-win situation that was. :)

    Your list of resolutions are inspiring, though I personally think you are one of the most positive and upbeat bloggers around so find you won't have much to do as far as resolution #3 goes. :D

    Hope this New Year will be generous to all of us and may our dearest dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love putting my goals on my blog for everyone to read...it makes me try even harder :)
    I like the word intentions too. I like goals because they are measurable and quantifiable, but some of my goals are really intentions as well :)
    Have a great 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also used the one word resolution on my blog.
    I do like the word "intentions". It fits me to a tee! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. My word is "clarity"...
    but this: Complain less and be more positive, we share. I know my hubby is hoping I do this as well. *grin*
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas!! I'm not one much for making resolutions...I usually get ideas in my head as the year goes along and try to stick to those.

    The one thing I would like to do is travel more. In years past my hubby and I were able to take a real vacation (sans munchkins) and that alone time is always so great for a relationship. We didn't get to in 2011 with work and family schedules and lack of babysitters and we both definitely have missed that time. We are going to try hard to this year...even if it's just for a few nights. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are fabulous intentions, Annette! I'm pretty sure you will finish that beautiful quilt :)
    #5 is interesting. Hope you'll show us what you made!
    best,
    Duni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ack I am still a mess from last year - I need some Intent myself! ( ...and lol on the quilt - I cleaned out part of the attic and found a painting I started for my 13 year old ...uh for his room when he was 3......oops)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a good list of goals for the new year, I really like number 5. I am trying to keep things simple this year and only set business goals for a couple of months at a time. That way I can revise them as I go along and keep challenging myself to do more.

    I am with you on number 2 & 3, both big problems for me, and things I am going to work on as well this year.

    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all those intentions and am seriously considering adding each to my own list. Well, except for finishing Shylee's quilt—I'll leave that one to you. :)

    One note: You are my inspiration when it comes to learning macro with my new camera. My husband is likely already tired of hearing me say I want to do XXX, "just like Annette!" But it's true—you're awesome with the macro and one of my main intentions is to follow your lead!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.