Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October To Do List~Blogtoberfest 2012 Day 2

Dear Friends,
Do you make to-do lists?   I used to make them daily when the kids were still home, and I had a busier life.  It was the only way to make sure I knew what had to be done.  It was a great help, but I think I added two new items for every one I crossed off!  But I worked at crossing something off every day.

With a less busy life you would think I would get a lot accomplished during the day.  The opposite is true.  I'm disorganized, unfocused, and I'm a pro at procrastinating.  In fact, procrastinating is what I do best these days.  I want to change that.  I want to be more productive.  I want to accomplish one thing each day.  It sounds easy, but for me it's a challenge of monumental proportions.  I'm not sure how I got to this point.  Well, actually I do, but that's a whole other blog post!

Last night I made a to-do list for October.  It's short and simple and doable for me.  It's not a daily list although some of them can be worked on daily.  Some of them have to be done at a specific time.  My goal is to be productive and have everything crossed off by the end of the month.  Wish me luck!

Do you make to-do lists?  

Keep smiling and keep creating!

xo Annette xo

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your list :)
    I'm a huge list-maker! I create one each night before I go to bed or first thing when I get up. Helps keep me on task!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I do - more to remember what needs to be done than because I won't do it. I'm not a procrastinator by nature, but I find as I'm getting a little older my memory isn't quite as good as it used to be! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say, you have beautiful script :) I make "to do" lists at work, but other than that, I have to admit, I rely on memory. Something about having a pen and ink list in front of me at home bothers me. Maybe it's because I'm so tied to my work "to dos". I hate to feel like I have to have more than one list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do I make to-do lists, oh let me count the ways! Years ago I used to make written ones and cross things off. If I did something that wasn't on the list, I added it so I could cross it off - how wacky is that! Now I try to NOT make to-do list because I work myself into a frenzy about getting all these things I "think" I need to do done. Good grief.
    Let me just say - leaving things until another day is a skill in itself in my opinion and one I wish I had more of.
    Here's to happy mediums!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your not alone, I am a pro at procrastination too. I make lists everyday and everyday I make it my plan to cross off 2-3 items. I am getting better, now that it's cold out it will be a little easier. Good luck on you list!
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.