Last October I wrote this post about my weight struggles. It was one of those posts that as soon as I hit publish, I wondered if I had done the right thing. Fortunately, I haven't regretted it. I was quickly reminded of how supportive my blog friends are. Thank you all for that! I've also made some new friends from that post, so I know I did the right thing.
It's time to get serious about it now. I've spent time thinking about what is best for me and how I want to approach this journey. Since I've spent most of my life dealing with this issue, I've learned a thing or two. Obviously I haven't been doing what I learned or I wouldn't be where I am now!
This is what I know for me:
1. Diet is a negative word, is temporary and leads to failure.
2. Changing my bad habits into good habits equals success.
3. Trying to change all those bad habits at once leads to failure and guilt.
4. Depriving myself of a particular food drives me to overeat when I do have it.
5. I lose weight slowly and that's okay. I'm not in a race.
6. Skipping breakfast causes me to graze or grab whatever during the afternoon and then overeat at dinner.
1. Eating breakfast or at least a piece of fruit or a serving of yogurt. Something is better than nothing.
2. Drinking more water and less diet Coke.
3. Cut back on sweets.
It might not sound like much but it is a big deal for me. This is going to be a long process and I have to start where I know I can see progress.
I would like to make this a weekly Friday post. I will update you on my progress or lack thereof, and talk about specific weight issues. Thank you again for your support.
xo Annette xo