Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Best Thing About Being A Grandma

While my daughter Erin was recuperating from hand/wrist surgery, she and my granddaughter Shylee came to stay with me for a couple of weeks.  Her husband is in Iraq so she didn't have help at home during her recovery.    Shylee is a typical three year old who throws temper tantrums, her favorite word is "no" , she gets in to everything and she has an infinite amount of energy.  To say she is a handful is an understatement!

One morning as I was waking up I heard what sounded like something heavy fall.  I laid there waiting to hear something else but there was no other sound.  Michael had already left for work, Annie dog was in the room with me and I didn't hear Erin or Shylee.  I didn't want to, but I got up and headed downstairs to find out what fell.  As I reached the bottom of the stairs, Shylee came around the corner startling both of us!  Instead of greeting me she walked past me and went to her time out spot.  Uh oh!  This was not a good sign!

I walked into the kitchen and everything seemed fine.  Then I walked into the dining room and this is what I found.





An empty salt shaker, footprints on the table and carpet and the chandelier over the table was swaying back and forth.  I'm still not sure what the sound was but you know what the best thing about being a grandma is?  Taking Shylee upstairs to her mama and going back to bed!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

13 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Too funny!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Yep, that seems like it would be a major perk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! The visual of Shylee swinging from the chadelier and then putting herself in time out made me laugh right out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Isn't that a sweet approach to a terrible situation for a mother! Oh, how easy it is to be a grandma, I would say! Can you imagine how this woul have looked for you if you were in your daughter's shoes :) hehehe, I can't stop laughing, really!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute (but messy) story! And I think it's a hoot that she put herself in time out.
    My grandson did that one day. He was bullying his little brother and I said, "Do I need to put you in time out?" And he answered (defiantly), "YES! You do!" I had to stifle a laugh.

    LeAnn aka pasqueflower
    http://pasqueflowerponderings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brave Grandma!! It took me a while to take a deep breath and assign the clean up or punishment duty to the mommy too!! We just have to take a breath and giggle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bahahaha - I love the toe prints on the table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is HYSTERICAL, I am sure you did not think so at the time. Oh what fun she must have been having... to funny. I love the fact she was ON the table too. Question, how much salt was in the keyboard? yikes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious!! At least she went off to time out on her own. Yes, sometimes being Grandma feels oh so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny! All I can think of from looking at that photo is how lucky you are that the salt was not all in the keyboard of that laptop.

    Stopping by from GRAND Social linky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Made me chuckle AGAIN as I read this for the second time. I can just imagine her swinging from the chandelier and having a great time...and knowing she must pay for her misdeeds later, going directly to the time-out spot. So funny!

    Thank you so much for linking up to GRAND Social! It's such a pleasure to see you there...and here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HA HA HA / loved this
    BECAUSE? It was not at my house :)

    My son served in Iraq 2x ugh / thank your son-in-law for his service on my behalf please

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too funny! I was wondering about that open lap top too! I bet she was trying to swing from that chandelier!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.