Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Versatile Blogger


I'm sending a big thank you to Sonya at Kanelstrand Organic Living for giving me the Versatile Blogger Award!  If you haven't been to her blog, you must check it out.  Sonya lives in Scandinavia and writes about eco friendly living and really helpful posts about blogging.  For instance, yesterday's post was about 15 places to find free photos for your blog.  She also takes some amazing photos!

In Sonya's Etsy shop, Kanelstrand, you will find beautiful handmade organic jewelry and other organic items.
I love the soft blue of this bracelet.


I am supposed to pass this award to five blogs and share seven random facts about myself.  I follow so many great blogs that it is impossible to narrow it down to just five.  So I am passing this on to all of you.  Feel free to grab the button and or share some random facts about yourself in the comments!

1.  Nothing in life compares to the joy of being a Grandma
2.  My favorite vegetable is green beans
3.  My least favorite vegetable is eggplant
4.  I grew up in the army and swore I would never marry a serviceman.  My husband joined the army less than a year after we were married.  My father, the retired army recruiter, talked him into it!
5.  I don't like being alone, but I love my alone time
6.  I regret not going to college but I absolutely loved my career as a stay at home mom
7.  I am afraid of the dark

Now it's your turn to share a couple of random facts about yourself!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award. You do have an awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT! Glad someone took the time to tell you something I already know...you're AWESOME! I'm afraid of the dark too :) And, growing up in Hawaii surrounded by military (and my Dad was in the Navy) I swore I'd never, ever even date a military guy. I'd only ever dated one Air Force guy before and when I met my hubby, I thought he was a college student. I was horrified later to discover he was in the Air Force. SIGH.

    Random facts...hmm...clowns creep me out and I sometimes dream in French. How's that for random!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Annette ! If ever there was a blog worthy of high recognition it is your blog. Your blog is wonderful and we all adore it. :)

    I'm uncomfortable in the dark too, maybe I just have an over active imagination and can see shadows that don't exist?
    One thing about myself that few know is that I’m a puzzle freak. I love to do puzzles ... jig saw puzzles, Sudoku, cryptograms, etc. ... I may not be good at doing them but I’m addicted to them none-the-less.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! You are too kind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love learning random facts about others. A couple about me is that I have two bent little fingers (made piano lessons interesting) and I've had a love of chimpazees and gorilla's since I was about 5 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratualtions Annette!! I will be sure to check out Sonya's shop.
    Hmm...
    My favorite vegetable is brussel sprouts and my least favorite is cooked carrots.
    I was an only child.
    I don't like to fly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award, that is awesome :)

    I'm afraid of the dark too!

    I don't think I am going to get to enjoy being a Grandma anytime soon but I am looking forward to it when it does happen :)

    Hope you are having a great evening, regards, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are indeed awesome!

    I agree completely on your number 6.

    Random fact: I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 30...and now must have (MUST have) 2-3 cups every morning -- but I won't drink it after noon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annette, thank you for letting us know a bit more about yourself, I enjoyed reading the 7 random facts about you and now I think I like you even more :)

    Thank you for sharing my links too. (I think I am turning this comment into a Thankful Thursday :)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.