Friday, June 17, 2011

Bow Tie Pasta Salad


One of the great things about summer is all the wonderful side dishes and salads that go with cookouts, picnics and get-togethers.  Pasta salad is one of my favorites because you can make it so many different ways and use any combination of fresh vegetables that you like.

I don't remember where I stumbled on this recipe, but the original one is from Paula Deen.  I changed it up to include the veggies we like and you can do the same.  There's no right or wrong way to make this salad...just make it with fresh ingredients your family loves and it will be a hit.  The secret is it's dressing.  This is my version.  You will need the following:


1 box bow tie pasta (or any shape you like)
1 cup balsamic vinaigrette  (I used light)
1/4 cup mayonnaise  (I used light)
1 Tbs sugar
1 medium zucchini
1 medium yellow squash
1 sweet red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1 Tbs chopped parsley
Cook the pasta according to the package directions.  While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the vinaigrette, mayonnaise and sugar in a large bowl and set aside. 


 Chop the veggies into bite sized pieces.  


When the pasta is done, drain and rinse under cold water.  Add the pasta and veggies to the bowl with the dressing.  Add the salt, pepper and parsley.  Stir until well combined and refrigerate until ready to serve.


It was soooo good but was even better the next day!  I would recommend making it a day ahead.

I'm joining these wonderful blogs
Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday
It's A Blog Party for Delicious Dishes

Happy Friday!!!

19 comments:

  1. one thing. i bookmarked your blog already and I make sure i will NOT miss another great side dish recipe here!

    dita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good and easy to make, can't wait to forward this to hubby - so he can make it for me:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The greatest thing about summer is that it's the perfect time for salads. This pasta salad sounds delicious and I bet it would also be great as a stand alone meal by adding something like cooked shrimp or crab meat to it ... or chicken! I love dishes like this one, that only get better as the flavors meld.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good enough for me to try for dinner tonight, thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe! I'm your newest follower from EtsyBlogTeam :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks delicious, but I hate pasta salad...maybe if it were heated up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great pasta salad--so many good veggies in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful salad. I love the balsamic vinaigrette and vegetables in it. I'm visiting from Foodie Friday where I saw the link to your salad. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This looks delicious!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Annette, that looks so yummy :)

    Thanks for sharing, I am now going to steal it for our neighbourhood BBQ. (He! He!)

    Hope Erin is doing well :)

    Have a lovely Weekend, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy that sounds really good! I'll have to give it a try. www.thewovenspoke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I *love* pasta salad and this looks especially yummy. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had my mouth watering at 7am! I love cold pasta salad and don't make it enough. I'm going to try yours this week. Thanks for sharing.

    Thanks for your comment on my periwinkle flower garden. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. This salad look delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    I'm a new follow from the Etsy Blog Team :)

    www.stoneycreekshops.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a Lovely Blog you have! I think now I know where pattis getting an Apron from?! Ive also LIKED your page. Im also Mmm going to make this Pasta tonite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks good! About how many people does this serve?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.