Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday


This week I'm thankful that my daughter, Erin, came through her hand/wrist surgery just fine and is recovering slowly but surely.  A mama never stops worrying about her children, no matter how old they are!  I was able to stay with her a few days to help out and then I brought Shylee home with me.  I'm also thankful she has friends who are looking after her since Dan is deployed.

Other things I'm thankful for this week
     Answered prayer for friends and family
     Air conditioning
     Quiet time with a cup of tea when Shylee takes a nap
     My thoughtful husband for more reasons than I can count
     Pretty flowers that are everywhere
   

   
What are you thankful for today?

6 comments:

  1. You are such a good Mom and YES to the A/C !

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I needed to read with the kind of day I'm having. It's reminded me that I have a lot to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Dyche Designs. I was all cranky and having a "bad" morning until I read this. I needed a reality check. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AIR CONDITIONING!!! I am glad Erin is doing better your a great Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that Erin is doing fine Annette and that you are close enough so you can take Shylee for her. It is so hard when we have military children and can't be close enough to help them when they need it....and a big AMEN! to the comment that no matter how old they are we always worry and it seems worse when they are grown and have their own children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to here your daughter is doing well! I am VERY grateful today that my DIL finally landed a job. It has been a long haul and we are doing the happy-dance around here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.