Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hot Rod Annie ~ Blogtoberfest Day 29

Yay for the weekend!  I'll be heading out later to spend a few days with my daughter and granddaughter and hopefully see my son as well.  I hope you all have something fun planned, perhaps a party or two before trick or treating on Monday!


Yesterday's fun blog post had some of you wanting to know more about Hot Rod Annie.  When I was a senior in high school, my family moved to White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico which is in the absolute middle of nowhere.  The high school was thirty miles away in Las Cruces.  It was a very long bus ride and when our parents would let us have the car, my friends and I would pile in and make an adventure of going to and from school.

It was during that year I discovered the joys of driving FAST!  I would roll the window down, crank up the radio and fly across that highway to and from school.  It was equally terrifying and exhilarating  for all of us and I felt like I could do anything.  Kind of like I was queen of the world!  My friends nicknamed me Hot Rod Annie.  (My name is Annette)

I have loved driving fast ever since.  I was in heaven when my husband was stationed in Germany and we could drive on the autobahn.  While some parts of the autobahn have no speed limit, most stretches of the highway do.  Even so, I could drive way faster there than I could in the US.  I drove our poor Ford Taurus into the ground!

I'm much better today!  I might not always follow the speed limit, but I don't drive nearly as fast as I used to.  But every now and then, Hot Rod Annie gets that urge to fly...

What about you...do you like to drive fast?




2 comments:

  1. Yikes, I never would have guessed about your wild side!! I am pretty much the polar opposite. I had a corvette as my daily driver for a couple of years and that is when I got my one and only speeding ticket of my life - for going 37 MPH in a school zone. No wild woman here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...that's funny Annette!

    No, I'm not a fast driver...usually I'm hauling kids around who will soon be driving themselves...so trying to set that "good driver" example! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.