Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday ~ Blogtoberfest Day 13

Hello and welcome back!  I hope your week is going great so far and you have something to be thankful for.  No matter what is going on, there is always something to be grateful for.


Today I'm thankful for my son, Sean.  His birthday was yesterday and we were all together last weekend to help him celebrate.  Sean is and always has been a quiet, gentle soul.  That doesn't mean he didn't get into his fair share of mischief!  He was quite good at that.  He is funny and smart, sometimes cynical, and always a joy to be around.  I don't see him often enough, but am grateful for the times when I can.


I'm also thankful we could all be together.  It's been too long.  I enjoyed seeing my Sweet Pea and letting her help me make Sean's birthday pie.  She's at the age to get excited about birthdays, so we're doing candles and decorations again for her sake.  

I'm also thankful for 
     the beauty of the season
     encouragement from friends
     the last outing for ice cream while it was still warm
     music that brings back memories of falling in love
     not seeing anymore frogs

I have been thinking about making Thankful Thursday a weekly linky party if enough people are interested.  Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in.  It would start the first Thursday in November.

What are you thankful for today?

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've had a wonderful time with family and enjoy times of togetherness. It's lovely when little ones like to get involved in baking. Have a wonderful Friday Annette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Sean a very happy belated birthday. It looks like it was a lovely one celebrated by those that are dearest to him.

    Thankful Thursday should be a smashing success with bloggers and I wish I could commit to it but unfortunately I am a very unstructured soul and find it hard to set up a schedule and even harder to stick to one. Yes, it is something I really need to work on. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your son...lovely post! And yes, birthdays are just so much better with decorations. :-D

    I would love to join up with a Thursday linky with you...can't guarantee I'd be here every week, but most for sure!!

    This week I'm thankful for the fact that it's getting close to the end...I know that doesn't sound so upbeat, but it's just been one of those weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your son! Enjoy every minute with him ~ time goes by so quickly ~ suddenly he will be an adult with kids of his own! Families are always a blessing to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Happy (Belated) Birthday" to Sean :)

    What fun to be able to all get tog :)

    I LOVE all the fabric you received, I bet you make some beautiful things :)

    (the only things that arrive on my doorstep right now are vitamin pills and leaves, not in the same parcel, He! He!)

    Sweet Pea is looking so grown up, I bet she is just a joy to be Grandma's helper in the kitchen :)

    I'm proud of you for keeping at it and blogging everyday :)

    Awesome photos :)

    Have a lovely evening, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I forgot to say "YES" to joining "Thankful Thursday" as it will motivate me to get back to blogging on a regular basis and it is a beautiful sentiment (but it will have to be next Thursday, He! He!) T.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Blog .... It's great to be Thankful for things. So often we forget to be thankful. Sounds like you had a lovely time with your family. Families are more important than we realise. I'm thankful for the rain we've had today and it's cleansing nature.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.