Friday, October 14, 2011

A Is For Apron ~ Blogtoberfest Day 14


This apron was so fun to make.  I pulled the fabric from my stash because I thought it was pretty, but I had no idea what I was going to do with it.  So I piled up fabric with similar patterns and colors, vintage hankies, vintage lace of all sizes and vintage buttons.  I wish I had taken a picture of the table!  One by one, I chose each element, and when I was done I saw an apron.


I used four vintage hankies cut in half diagonally and gathered at the waist.  Each one is different and each one is trimmed in beautiful lace.


The ties are white roses, leaves and vines on a sweet pink background.  It is the perfect compliment to the pink roses on front of the apron.


The bottom is trimmed in a double row of gathered vintage lace that has the perfect pink edging.  Vintage mother of pearl buttons line the top edge of the lace.



I waited all week for the sun to shine so I could get some good pictures, but it didn't happen.   I was just too impatient to wait any longer to show you my newest creation!

I'm joining 
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

19 comments:

  1. That's so nice ... very pretty .... it's great when something you do off the top of your head works out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the buttons around the bottom.

    I'd be so afraid to cook in this and get it dirty...it's too beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So feminine and vintage. I'd display that, not wear it. Great creation, Annette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty and delicate..you did an awesome job! :)

    BTW, I'm over from "Show and Tell Friday" at My Romantic Home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely!!!! This is just how I create mine...now you know why I prefer not to use patterns. It is so much more fun to watch the apron 'being born'

    Well done my friend!

    janet xox
    http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the way the hankies at the top turned out but, oh my gosh, it had to be hard to commit and take that first "plunge" with the scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet! I might just have to copy you! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annette,

    Thanks for your visit. I'm so glad to find you and see your beautiful aprons. On my pin boards I have on called Kitchen Cover-ups and I'm going to pin two or three of your adorable aprons there! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a true work of art. Every detail is pure perfection and I love the way you've combined the lovely cabbage rose fabric with the vintage lace hankies and the pearl buttons. I would never wear this while working in the kitchen (might get it soiled) but what a gorgeous Hostess Apron it would be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! This apron is beautiful!! I love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely apron! Thanks for popping by I am now your newest gfc follower, Karima
    www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea for vintage hankies and napkins...I have stacks of them because I can't resist buying them, they are so cheap and we really do use them. I also love aprons and will tuck this little idea away.
    Cheers,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet apron! Love the details like the buttons...I sure wish I could sew! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This apron is so sweet and adorable and you work is very artistic. She is so pretty you should name her "Prissy"!

    Thank you for participation in Potpourri Friday. You have certainly made it more fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.