Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm Doing It Again ~ Blogtoberfest 2011


Call me crazy, because I just signed up to do Blogtoberfest for the third year in a row!  Blogtoberfest is a challenge for those who sign up, to post daily to their blog for the month of October.  The first year, I found it to be just what I needed to get in the groove of blogging consistently.  Last year I blogged for the first two weeks and found it to be a real chore.  We'll see what happens this year!

I started blogging two and a half years ago at the urging of my daughter.  She thought it was the best way to promote the items I make and my Etsy shop.  I'm not a writer and had no idea what to write about.  But I started, and even though I get weary of it sometimes, I enjoy it.  That is the bottom line.  I enjoy it and I've met some incredibly talented, warmhearted, funny, and inspiring women through blogging.

So, I would really like to know.....
1.  Why do you blog?
2.  How often do you blog?
3.  What do you do when you get in a blogging rut?
4.  What advice would you give someone who is thinking about starting a blog?

Let me know in the comments or blog your answers!  I'm truly interested in what you have to say!

Have a wonderful Saturday!


7 comments:

  1. I blog for the sense of community! I also love to talk (haha). I try to blog 5 or 6 days a week and typically schedule my posts up to a week in advance. I read this book a while ago and it's chalk full of fun things to blog about:

    http://www.amazon.com/One-Cares-What-You-Lunch/dp/032144972X

    See if your library has it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for October. I blog because I like to write and I like to share ideas, recipes etc...

    I enjoy reading blogs and you are so correct, there are some really amazing women bloggers out there. There is definitely a sense of community.

    I usually blog 2-3 times a week. That might be less than some, but my posts tend to be a little longer so I think more than that would be too much. I've only been at it a year, so thus far I haven't gotten in a rut or stuck on what to blog about, but I'm sure that will come!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! when I think about blogging every day It is overwhelming for me ..
    I am just getting used to my new rutine to post 3 times a week. Blogging in english it is quite a challenge for me anyway :) Becaouse it is not my native language. But who knows .. maybe next year I will join Blogtoberfest :)
    Great weekend to you too

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I started to blog, I planned it as a way of recording my sewing projects. I had no idea how I would be welcomed and embraced by our part of blog world and how much I would feel part of a special community. I have found so many kindred spirits and made what I hope will be lifelong friendships.
    I try to blog 5 times a week but have taken a couple of one week breaks.
    Good luck with Blogtoberfest - I'm sure you will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blogging, it took a while for me to get into it but now I post 5 days a week and it has been the best thing for me and my business.

    When I get into a rut, I go through magazines and books, read other blogs, and when its really bad I walk away and do anything else until I feel inspired again.

    My best advice is blog about what you are passionate about. It makes it easier for you to write your posts and your passion keep your readers engaged.

    Good luck with Blogtoberfest!
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. I blog because I like the challenge to follow a routine and yet to find it interesting.
    2. I blog daily. Atthe beginning I was terrified of the long days ahead and had no idea what I should post about but now 7 days a week are not enough for all the topics that interest me.
    3. Haveing a good schedule keeps me away from blogging ruts. But sometimes I get tired and I choose not to post for a day and instead find inspiration somewhere to keep me going.
    4. My advice would be to think well and clarify the reason they have for starting to blog. Then, according to the answer to stick to a plan. Also, to be a good writer you need to be an experienced reader!

    Off to check the Blogtoberfest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a brave girl to be doing this again :)

    Well, I think you know what I do when I get in a blogging rut :(

    I have been blogging for about the same amount of time as you have and like you I feel I have met some really amazing people, it is the great sense of community that helps me to keep going :)

    I LOVE sharing my photos with everyone and if I had any advice to a new blogger I would say, blog about what you feel passion about not what you think will please people :) T.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.