Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday ~ Blogtoberfest Day 27

Every Thursday I share something I'm thankful for.  Sometimes it's the big or obvious things and sometimes it's the small things.  I believe there is always something to be thankful for!


I don't know about you, but I don't really pay attention to my body and how it works until something hurts.  I've had an ear infection for over a week and it has made me very aware of my ears and hearing!  I am so thankful that I can hear.  I know too many people who deal with hearing loss and I can't imagine how frustrating that would be.  Or how scary.  My niece has to wear hearing aids and shared how scared she was during tornado season.  The night of the Joplin tornado, the part of Arkansas she lives in also was dealing with tornadoes.  She couldn't hear the storms or the sirens and she has a three year old.  I don't want to take anything I have for granted, including my hearing.

What are you thankful for today?

Next week will begin the link up for Thankful Thursday.  That is if I can figure it out and make a button!  I hope you will join me in sharing what you are thankful for each week.


5 comments:

  1. I am very thankful that I have a roof over my head and a warm place to stay. It's freezing out there!
    I hope your ear infection subsides quickly. Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Our senses are something to.be very thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!! Hearing is definitely something to be thankful for. It's something we can easily take for granted. I sometimes have the opportunity to work with deaf/hard of hearing kids and it always makes you stop and think.

    This week...I'm thankful for a husband who just got home last night after being gone for a week out of state..yay!!

    And normal test results from the doctor...I'd been having kidney pain and they weren't sure what was going on, but thankfully have ruled out anything serious.

    Looking forward to your link up next week!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the things we take for granted are the very ones we need to be most thankful for ... such as hearing and sight. And yet those, like the miraculous Helen Keller, are inspirations to us all. What obstacles she had to overcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get to feeling better soon, I hate having sore ears it usually is the beginning of something worse :(

    I LOVE that vintage photo, I am glad that hearing aids have gotten a little smaller and more manageable. :)

    That sounds very scary for your niece.

    Not sure I could live anywhere there are tornados.

    Have a lovely day, regards, T. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.