Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday ~ Blogtoberfest Day 20

Hello dear friends and welcome to another Thankful Thursday.  No matter what your days are like, I believe there is always something to be thankful for, no matter how small.


Earlier this week I had a chocolate craving.  I was craving M&Ms to be exact.  So I went to the store and bought a big bag.  I didn't open it right away after I got home.  It was later in the evening when I settled in to watch a favorite TV show.  By then, I really wanted them and was practically drooling at the thought of the chocolaty goodness.  I opened the bag and poured them in the bowl.  Right away I noticed this white stuff that looked like cake crumbs that covered the candy.  When I picked it up and rubbed it between my fingers, it melted and was greasy like butter.  I don't know what it was and I wasn't going to taste it, so I dumped the bowl of M&Ms in the trash.

Are you wondering yet what I'm thankful for?  I'm thankful that I didn't eat a whole big bag of M&Ms!  I was in just that kind of mood where I would have mindlessly eaten them til they were gone and that's the last thing I needed to do.  By the next day the craving was gone anyway!  See, there's always something to be thankful for, lol !

Beginning Thursday, November 3, Thankful Thursday will become a linky party.  I hope you will join in!

What are you thankful for this week?


7 comments:

  1. It is a bright and colorful photo. Can't imagine what could have been on them but yes it was a good idea not to try one.

    Trouble with tiny, little M&M's is they are like popcorn, you can't just eat one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, I loved reading this:) I believe that if I look closely, there is something to be thankful for every moment of every day:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol...glad you didn't eat those...sounds weird, but in the end I would have been glad too that I hadn't eaten a whole bag...those little things are so addictive!!

    Glad you're going to do a link up...going to try hard to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like out of date candy to me :(

    Isn't it funny how cravings work, if we can only resist until the next day, but it is so hard to do, I'm so glad you didn't eat them :)

    I am going to join you in your Thankful Thursday :)

    Off to post :)

    Have a lovely afternoon, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha! I would be thankful for that too!! M&Ms sound so good right now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. mmmm.. and I am thankful for the mere existence of chocolate. i think i will have to get some today . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job looking on the bright side of dumping a whole bowl of M&Ms! Easy for me to say, I'm sitting here snacking Haloween candy. Somebody save me!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.